Sunday, February 2, 2014

In the workshop with a guest!

Today I showed my new friend Luanne how to make CP soap!  In just a few hours we blasted out SEVEN batches!  Luanne did a great job, and learned super quickly *cheers*, her soaps showed her: gel phase, discolouration, and acceleration.  What a great start, right?  Wish I'd had someone with me when I first encountered those three!  Looking forward to the next time we get together for some soapy (or maybe candle, or scrapbooking) adventures!  Thanks for the great day Luanne!

I will post pictures of Luanne's soaps after I ok it with her first!

As for my four batches... I have pictures of three of them.  The fourth is in a vertical mold and I can't really snap a picture of it!

The first batch I did today was to try out Brambleberry's "Moonlight Pomegranate" fragrance which I got as a free sample at some point.  It is very sweet and fruity with some earthy undertones (I definitely smell musk and sandalwood in there).  In this one I used pink kaolin clay, and goats milk powder.  I did a spoon swirl with dark purple and black.  The base is a dusty rose shade with cranberry seeds.  Hoping this one turns out nicely, it is surely an accelerator!  I call it "Sweet Dusk":

[I wish I knew why blogger changes the orientation of my pictures!  GRRR!]

The second soap I made today is one for the Brambleberry soap swap.  I used pineapple cilantro fragrance oil, and named it "Pineapple Salsa".  This batch has yellow soap on top and on the bottom, with an in the pot swirl of green and white in the middle.  The balls on top are LCP MP scented with ginger ale and coloured with 24k gold mica.  LOVE this one!  Smells amazing and came out just right!  Can't wait to cut it and see how the inside looks!


The third soap I made today is in the vertical mold and I can't get a good picture from it (the top is messy, but the inside should be nice!).  This one is two shades of grey based blue-green, and is scented with BB's kentish rain.  I call it "Highland Rainstorm".  Can't wait to unmold it and see if it is full of air bubbles, this fragrance REALLY moved for me.

The last batch I made today is a remake of my "Kaleidosoap" or "Hyper", its my version of a rainbow soap.  Scented with BB's energy and coloured with 6 bright pigments/micas.  This time I did it as an ITP swirl pouring pink, purple, orange, blue and green into a yellow base.  I think it looks pretty darned nice!  I topped it with a few rainbow jojoba beads also from BB.


There will be a video posted probably next week of my valentines soap, and also one of the making and cutting of Pineapple Salsa!

Thanks folks! <3


6 comments:

  1. Whoa, seven batches!! That's insane! They all look fab, Heather!! I requested a sample of Kentish Rain with my last order (which I just remembered is supposed to arrive today, woohoooo), can't wait to get a sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I LOVE the smell of the kentish rain, but holy cow does it accelerate! Thisclose to soap on a stick =( I did 2 colours in the vertical mold, hoping there aren't too many air pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive! Not only that you made 7 batches, but also taught a friend! I hope she loves her soaps! I find my self drooling over the rainbow soap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 7 batches in a few hours...that's impressive!!! They all look awesome Heather, I bet Luanne was thrilled with how they all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the prettiest soap I have seen and I can practically smell them through the computer screen =)

    ReplyDelete

  6. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete